play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

Listeners:

Top listeners:

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • play_arrow

    The Hit Network

  • play_arrow

    Techno Radio Top Music Radio

  • play_arrow

    Summer Festival Podcast Robot Heart

  • play_arrow

    Electronic Trends Podcast Aaron Mills

  • play_arrow

    New Year Eve Podcast Robot Heart

  • play_arrow

    Techno Podcast Robot Heart

  • play_arrow

    Flower Power Festival Podcast Robot Heart

  • play_arrow

    Tech House Podcast Robot Heart

  • play_arrow

    Winter Festival Podcast Robot Heart

Uncategorized

BBC Strictly Come Dancing 2022: Show changes, return date and what we know so far

today27 June 2022

Background
share close

A raft of changes are coming to the next series of BBC Strictly Come Dancing. While there’s still weeks to go until the 2022 series of the long standing show returns, the rumours and hints as to what is to come have already begun.

Claudia Winkleman has already let slip that that “there might be a few new pro dancers,” on the show when she was interviewed on The One Show, and the Mirror has had the Exclusive on further changes to the popular show. So, here’s what we know so far.

First of all, when is the show expected to return to our screens? Well, while the Strictly Come Dancing Live Arena Tour began in January – arriving in Nottingham at the beginning of February as part of the 33 show waltz around the country – the tv show won’t be back until September.

READ MORE: Channel 4 Celebrity Gogglebox: Gok Wan’s optical illusion distracts viewers following ‘snowflake’ comment

While Claudia has hinted that there will be some new pro dancers on the show, the programme hasn’t confirmed anything yet when it comes to just who will be in the line-up. Following the shock departures of Oti Mabuse and Aljaz Skorjanec, as it stands at the moment, that leaves 16 pros in total for 2022 – eight women and eight men.

And the judges? Well, on its official Twitter feed, the BBC’s last tweet on Thursday, May 19, read: “Shirley, Craig, Motsi, Anton… We can’t wait to welcome back our fabulous #Strictly Judges for 2022!”

The look of the show is set to change. Covid rules over the past couple of years have meant that the studio and set looks a little different. That looks set to change in the autumn. The Mirror said that Strictly bosses are ditching the previous protocols and allowing a full studio audience to return.

Screens between the judges look set to be removed – a specific plea from newly permanent panelist Anton du Beke. When long-term judge Bruno Tonioli left, Anton was reported as saying: “What I hope we are able to do this year, actually, is that we can get rid of the screens because we have had the screens up over the last couple of the years and the judges slightly separated.” Adding: “I am hoping we can get a bit closer so we can have a bit more chat amongst ourselves.”

But some of the pandemic enforced changes will be kept – show bosses found they actually worked better. For instance, they’ll be sticking to recording the weekly group numbers with the professional dancers in one big batch ahead of the main competition starting.

One BBC source said: “While final plans are still being nailed down and kept fluid, Strictly bosses are planning to pre-record some of the pro dancer routines again this summer. They are also hoping to have a full studio audience back watching the live show each week.”

The group dances tend to open the Sunday results shows and bosses have found that pre-recording them before the dancers start training their celebrities works better than trying to slot them in each week.

Gone will be the need for the pros to isolate together in a hotel prior to the intensive filming days. This year they will be able to move freely and return home if they live close enough to the studios in Elstree, Hertfordshire.

And then there is Blackpool. It has been reported that show bosses are also keen to get back to Blackpool in November after two years away. Last year executive producer Sarah James told the Mirror: “We are all so sad that we won’t be able to get to Blackpool this year but can’t wait to be back dancing at the one and only Blackpool Tower Ballroom in the future.”

The 2021 series saw the return of the themed weeks, which had to be abandoned in 2020 because of difficulties with hair and make-up. The show is aiming to have the full quota of celebrities.

Written by: thehitnetwork

Rate it

Previous post

Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Contact Us

0%